Tuesday, August 7, 2007

TERESITA SANCHEZ-MISS PHILIPPINES-UNIVERSE 1952

TERESITA TORRALBA SANCHEZ-MISS PHILIPPINES-UNIVERSE 1952

teresita sanchez



1952 — Miss Philippines Teresita Torralba Sanchez left Manila for L.A. via Honolulu on June 19, 1952 at 7:45 p.m. by Pan American Airways Strato Clipper. She was joined by Miss Hong Kong Judy Dan who arrived earlier in the afternoon from Hong Kong. Teresita was immediately rated as a dark horse; she fainted during the finals but recovered before the announcement of winners. Ramon Valera and Mademoiselle designed her wardrobe. Judy was third runner-up to 1952 Miss Universe Armi Helena Kuusela of Finland, the first title-holder.

source: Ricardo F. Lo
The Philippine Star
June 2006

5 comments:

prs said...

Miss Teresita Sanchez is my aunt.She's the older sister of my dad and the reason why i posted this comment is just to correct her middle name, it is Torralba and not Tirralba, just for the record. thanks!

Maripaz said...

Hi, I'm Maripaz. She is my aunt too. The last time my dad and I visited her (that was also the first and only time I met my grandma, her mom) was when they were still staying in New Manila, in Quezon City. I heard that they moved to Project 8 QC. How can I get in touch with them? I will truly appreciate your response. And I agree with you, its Torralba.
By the way, I believe we're cousins.

paperchase said...

I am Teresita's daughter. You may email me.
Thaks

cathy said...

thanks for the correction. it is just a typo.

quingua5 said...

hello to teresita's daughter and relatives. I am from Plaridel Bulacan. I just want to verify if its true that Teresita came from Plaridel or one of her parents was from Plaridel.